Sunday, August 1, 2010

Spellwork With A Little Help From My Friends

MM,

Since I started practicing the old religion I have almost always written my own spells, because it allowed me to own my practice.   But also because it means I know what every herb, stone and oil are used for and because it allows me to know exactly what I am sending out into the universe.  Admittedly, I have used a couple of my teacher's spells, but I know her and I know that she would never weave anything bad into her work.  I used one online spell, but used my own wording and did the research first.  Because I firmly believe in a responsible and respectful practice. 
For the last year I have been doing a lot of work with my guides and angels and my patron gods and goddesses.  I am so grateful to them for all they have taught me and for their support.  Recently, I asked for their help in my spellwork.  I am not sure why I didn't ask them earlier, perhaps because I do not do spells often.
Recently, they helped me write a baby blessing for my goddess daughter.  Unfortunatly, I was unable to find the materials they askedmeto use as a part of the ritual.  But the help was still appreciated and I learned about a mineral that I have not heard of before.
Yesterday, I was in my favourite pagan shop The Hedgewitch and I was guided to a ruby zoisite ring.  When the shopkeeper brought the ring out of the case and I picked it up They told me that this ring was for me.  In several dreams and visions they been showing me objects that have a ruby on them.  On these occasions I have been urged to have these objects to protect myself, while following my destiny.  As it turns out rubies are used for protection.  So when I was guided to the ring I was not surprised that it contained ruby.  I was then guided to perform a spell using the ring yesterday night.  Throughout the spell they told me what to do and what to say.  If I hadn't done the work with them this past year I wouldn't have been able to just trust them and do what they wanted.  But because this past year has proven that I can trust them, I know that I can work with them.  I am interested to see where this working relationship will take me with my spellwork.

No comments: