Saturday, May 23, 2009

What is in a name.....

In my maidenhood, I took the name Gypsi Star and it means A wanderer who follows a star. I took the name because all my life I felt like I was searching for something, that I was lost. Now that I am entering my motherhood, I am no longer searching and I am no longer lost. The name Gypsi Star no longer fits, not to say I might never use it again, but it is time for a new magical name. In highschool I took the name Phoenix to honour my greatgrandmother and my grandmother and my mother. Both my greatgrandmother and my grandmother lost their first born daughters and had to raise from the ashes to have their second daughters. My mother did not have a daughter before me, but her first husband was less than ideal and then of course there is my dad. So she had to raise from that. My life has been filled with let's say trying, beyond guy troubles. I have had to walk through fire to burn away the pain and transform into the phoenix I am today.

No comments: